Last modified: Apr 10, 2012
What information does Mobidia collect?
Mobidia collects information to provide better services to all of our users. This enables us to help you make better informed choices in the use of applications or to highlight network issues to your serving network operator which in turn would benefit the community in which you live.
The information that we collect has all personally-identifiable attributes removed before it is stored. We classify this information as non-personal information.
There are occasions whereby we do collect personal information, but this is only made with an explicit request and your approval. Examples include: when you request to download a whitepaper from our website or when you reach out to us for support.
Mobidia collects information in one of two ways:
1. Information given to us by you. For example, our whitepaper download requires that you provide us with your name, email address and telephone number.
2. Information we get when you use our services. Information may be collected about the services that you use and how you use them, such as when and what you see with our mobile application. Information gathered includes:
A. Device information. We may collect device-specific information when you install or update our service. This information would include your hardware's make and model, operating system version, serving mobile operator's name, and unique device identifier.
B. Log Information. We collect and store certain information in our secure server logs. This information may include:
1) Details of how you used our service, such as the number of times you used our service.
2) Device event information such as notifications, amounts of consumed data and network conditions
3) Date, time and location of your device event. Location is acquired by the use of GPS signals, and various other technologies to determine location, such as nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
4) Application's identifier (for example, process name and version numbers) for device events related to data consumption.
The collection of the log information is optional and may be disabled at anytime.
How does Mobidia use the collected information?
We use the non-personal information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve these services, and to develop new ones. We also use this non-personal information to offer you tailored content - such as informing you of a misbehaving app that you have installed. When you contact Mobidia, we may keep a record of your communication to help us solve any issues you might be facing in the future. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
What information does Mobidia share?
We do not share any personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Mobidia.
We may use non-personal information publicly and with our partners - like service providers. For example, we may use information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Mobidia and our users from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration of, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
1. We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
2. We safeguard against unauthorized access to our storage and processing facilities, and provide appropriate physical security measures.
3. We restrict access to all your personal information strictly to Mobidia employees.
Mobidia will strive to comply with this Policy. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We will make every effort to address your concerns to your satisfaction.