Mobidia Company Overview
Mobidia provides mobile operators with revolutionary new software solutions that enhance their mobile data networks by leveraging the distributed computing power of millions of connected laptops, netbooks, and smartphones. Mobidia does this by delivering network-edge intelligence applications and cloud services for smartphone and tablets. These solutions are deployed by operators to help make their mobile data networks more efficient and profitable while enhancing experiences for their subscribers.
My Data Manager
Mobidia's popular My Data Manager is being used effectively by subscribers on over 600 different mobile operator networks in over 200 different countries and on the most popular smartphones and tablets. My Data Manager is both an application and a total solution that subscribers can download directly and operators can white-label and extend to offer a unique experience that increases the value of mobile data and offers a competitive advantage.
• My Data Manager decreases mobile operators' costs of supporting mobile data and managing bill shock by making data usage transparent and educating subscribers on how their behavior is aligned with their data usage.
• My Data Manager increases revenue by providing a platform for merchandizing mobile data and plan offers on smartphones and tablets. Promoting offers while providing usage transparency increases subscribers' understanding of the offers and drives increased efficiency of those promotions.
• The cross-cross platform solution also uses cloud-based, real-time reporting of application usage to provide unique views of mobile data usage across 3G/4G, Wi-Fi, and roaming networks on a 7x24x365 basis. Operators finally have a solution to understand how and when applications are being used on ALL wireless networks.
Mobidia's transport layer optimization solution, recovers capacity from the existing wireless network while speeding the delivery of data to subscribers to make networks more efficient and profitable. Mobidia's transport optimization has consistently demonstrated an ability to recover 15-30 percent capacity at peak times on mobile networks across the globe and has demonstrated the following benefits:
• The solution's ability to recover network capacity in a number of different network topologies.
• The solution's compatability with and additive benefits to existing content compression, transcoding, and other higher layer optimization technologies.
• The solution's positive impact on subscribers' experience by accelerating their data sessions and decreasing the variability of connected services.
Mobidia is working closely with the world's leading mobile operators and solution providers to integrate this technology into their mobile networks. Mobidia's solutions have been trialed and deployed in over 20 network trials, tests, and network characterizations in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Mobidia is a venture-funded corporation, located in Vancouver, British Columbia with regional presence in the USA, UK, and Hong Kong. Our staff has worked with Microsoft, Symbian, Motorola, Samsung, LG and PMC-Sierra creating optimized protocols stacks, developing radio modems, mobile operating systems and core network elements. We are a group of passionate mobile experts that understand the challenges of mobile networks at a protocol, RAN, and platform